We believe that the best lawyers are those who also get involved in professional and community organizations. We have made the time and effort to be actively engaged in the following organizations:
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (CCCBA) – In 2018, James will serve as the President of the Board of Directors of the Contra Costa County Bar Association. James has served on the Board since 2012, and has served as the Board’s liaison to the Employment Law Section and the Solo/Small Firm Section, and also on the Diversity, Membership & Education, Executive, Personnel, and Finance committees. James has also been a member of the Editorial Board of the Bar Association’s monthly publication “The Contra Costa Lawyer.” Additionally, in 2008, his peers elected James as President of the Employment Law Section of the CCCBA.
- Northern California Employment Roundtable (NCERT) – The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) recently revitalized NCERT, and James proudly served two years as President of the Board.
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP): Law Office of James Y. Wu is one of the very few minority-owned law firms specializing in employment law and human resources issues to be a part of the CMCP.
- National Employment Law Council (NELC) – Claudia and James are member of this national organization whose membership is limited to senior minority employment lawyers.
- In addition, while practicing full-time at a large law firm, James served as an Assistant Professor in the Paralegal Program at California State University-East Bay.
- James was also President of Walnut Creek Little League and served on the Board for several years. He also served on the Board of Directors of a local Montessori School, and on the Site Council for his children’s public schools.