Law Office of James Y. Wu helps employers avoid the uncertainty of time-consuming, costly and stressful litigation. We achieve this by proactively advising businesses to get things right and to comply with the complex maze of federal, state and local employment laws.
As your company’s trusted advisor for employment law and human resources, we partner with you to help your business thrive and reduce employment-related risks.
We also use our vast network of preferred providers of other business services to help our clients connect with professionals we already know, like and trust. These professionals are leaders in their respective fields, including but not limited to, business development, marketing, social media, insurance, accounting and/or bookkeeping, business succession planning, business entity formation, payroll services, employee benefits plans, and much more.
Advice & Counsel
- Day-to-day employee management issues
- Recruiting and hiring practices
- Employee performance issues and performance improvement plans
- Discipline and termination practices
- Layoff, reorganizations and RIFs
- Essential documents, including
- Offer letters
- Employment contracts/agreements
- Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure agreements
- Separation/Severance agreements
- Employee Handbooks and policies
- Employment Discrimination
- Leaves of absence issues, including
- California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL)
- Family/Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Disability accommodations
- Other leaves required by law
- Workplace harassment
- Wage and Hour issues, including
- Meal and rest breaks
- Overtime and minimum wages
- Commission plans
- Final paychecks
- Employee classification/misclassification prevention
- Independent Contractor issues and contracts
- Social media and workplace issues
Information provided on this website is not legal advice. However, we will be happy to speak with you directly about this website and how our services may benefit your specific situation.